(325) 829-7954 DomainsCare
2750 Caton Place Abilene, Texas, United States
Latitude : 32.416521 | Longitude : -99.76084
Fertilization and Weed Control
-- An Update and Info Page for our area --
For the DIY folks here is our recommedation starting now (Jan 19). We have tried to suggest products that are avilable locally:
1. Water now - at least 1/2".
2. Feb-March Time Frame: St Augustine - Scotts Bonus S Weed and Feed (Purple Bag); apply at 1/2 rate. For Bermuda - Scotts Green Max Lawn Food apply at full rate.
3. March- April: St Augustine - Scotts Green Max Lawn Food; Bermuda Scotts Turf Builder Southern Lawn Food apply at full rate.
4. May - June: St Augustine - Scotts Southern Bonus S Weed and Feed (Purple Bag); apply at 1/2 rate; Bermuda Scotts Turf Builder Weed and Feed(3) apply at full rate.
5. July - August: St Augustine Scotts Turf Builder Summerguard Lawn Food and Insect Control at full rate; Bermuda Scotts Green Max Lawn Food at full rate.
6. Sept - Oct: St Augustine Scotts Turf Builder Halts Crab Grass Preventor with Lawn Food at full rate; Bermuda Scotts Turf Builder Halts Crab Grass Preventor with Lawn Food at full rate.
If the DIY approach is something you would like to avoid then let us know. Our supply trucks have been arriving since the week of January 7, and more on their way. We have several programs:
A very good standard program
A grow-in centric program
Just let us know - thanks - Barry
Dec 30, 2017 thru Jan 3, 2018 the Abilene area experienced a string of very cold days. The week of January 14 we experienced some of the coldest temps in the last 20-30 years, a problem for our warm season grasses. Due to the extremes we believe that this years warm season grasses have experienced a greater than average kill off, and will therefore struggle in the 2018 season.